Wednesday 27 April 2011

First Post! (Introduction)


The prize is a couple of PNGs
and a PDF Certificate!

Hi! I'm Richard, and this is my Online Novel Blog (Blovel? Nog? Novelog?) where I will be posting a novel that I wrote for NaNoWriMo in 2009.

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is a programme to encourage aspiring writers to be creative and write 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November, with a focus on writing, rather than editing or proofreading, it a great fun, although can be stressful, and in November '09 I managed (just) to reach the 50k word goal,
However, after the month in question, i stopped writing, and failed to go back over my work and proofread it or edit it, this is where this blog comes in.
The idea of this blog is for me to post my story, and for visitors to actively critique it, as it's going along, tell me what sounds good, what doesn't, which bits are stupid, and which are incomprehensible, and in exchange visitors will get to take part in the forming of my story from random typings, to a fully formed novel, (if that is even possible) and maybe get a few laughs, or some level of enjoyment from story.

The novel itself is an Action Packed Science Fiction story, set in the late 21st Century, I feel it is aimed at Young Adults from the 15-25 age group.
it contains many SF themes such as Genetic Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Wormholes, Cybernetics, Alien Technology, Colonisation of Mars, and many more, it also has some political aspects, personal relationships, and, I hope, some good character development.
My influences include Frank Herbert (more specifically; Dune), Peter F. Hamilton, Alastair Reynolds, Kim Stanley Robinson, and perhaps Dan Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment